Thursday, August 27, 2009

Back home

To do
Well, I'm back. Seems as if quite a few memebers of my RIF class of 2009 have taken a little trip recently. It's good to go see family or run off somewhere, if for no other reason than to take the reigns and feel like you are in control of your life...not some HR squint. It's good to be with the people on "your team." Also good to come home.

So my next week is slated to plan out my educational opportunities. See what's out there. Make sure I think I'm on the right track.

Breaking the news
I explained to my oldest that I wasn't going to be working anymore. The boy is smarter than I thought (and I think he's darn smart). But he's all reassured that we'll be fine, and I get to go to school like he does. :) He's a bit bummed that he won't get to go to the sitter's anymore. She's a great lady, and he enjoys playing with her kids.

Scheduling (read: shhhh-ed-ju-ling)
The other daunting task on my list is to create a schedule. I'm going to be home with the little one most of the time (all the time until I am enrolled), and I need some sort of solid structure. Where to begin? Around meal times?? It will prove interesting.

Exercise??
I had been working out with a group of (mostly) women at lunch. Now I don't have access to a free gym... or cheap yoga classes. And I'm a gal who needs to stay on that wagon. I bought a yoga mat. Need some sort of yoga instructional tool. Is that stuff on demand? Need to add this to the list. Might be fun to do this with the boys (7 and 3). Though I am "fluffy," as they say, I take great pride in knowing that the yoga instructor says I'm VERY flexible. It's what I have. Don't laugh.

Feeling the love
You know, it's really nice to know that people you worked with miss you. And that they think you brought value to the organization. Though it's difficult to know that others are hurting in their own way... it's because there was something there. REAL relationships. I know I was touched by so many people in so many ways. I'm a fortunate lady.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVe that you have a blog now. I'm adding you to my blogspot list... ;)

    ReplyDelete