Friday, January 15, 2010

In Full Swing

So last night was my first night of class.  (If you regularly read my blatherings and you are good at math, you might be scratching your head.  My last post was written on Wednesday and not published until this Friday morning).

I think I’m going to like school.  I also think I’m the oldest in class at 36 decrepit years old.  I know I was the only student in there in slacks and a collared shirt.  While I don’t “fit in” cosmetically, I really enjoyed the contents of the class, and I’m sure I’ll have a few buddies in no time.

I got my Bachelor’s from an adult ed program, and I was one of the younger students in class, so being one of the older folks in the group will be a bit of an adjustment for me.  I had assumed that since I was attending a branch campus and the classes were in the afternoon that there’d be quite a few older / professionals there.  Well, we all know what happens when we ass-u-me!!!

This life as a full time student will sure be interesting!  Now I just need to procure my books! 

1 comment:

  1. You sound like Stacy. He's probably among the oldest students where he is going too. He brings home stories all the time about the "kids" in his classes. Enjoy yourself!

    On a side note, I think what you are doing is awesome!

    AmmieJo

    ReplyDelete