Tuesday, September 1, 2009

So I'm having a hard time making myself go to bed. I'm tired and all... but my world is still off balance.

Purge Party
I cleaned out my entry closet and the shoe baskets we have on/under the entry table. There are still a couple items left to take care of, but that's one big item off my list. Purses are purged, coats are donated, shoes are gone thru... I feel like I've accomplished something. Not to mention that purging is just a good thing to do now.

The bathrooms have also been scrubbed. Though they still need the mirrors and floors done. And purging. But everything in time, right?

I think I have some items I should list on craigslist. Or perhaps I should have a garage sale. I hate garage sales. People always come around talking in "bits." Listen... the currency we use here is DOLLARS. I'm not working a conversion table. Oy. Anyway, that's a moot complaint as I'm really just not going to have a garage sale.

The schedule
I've started a schedule. It's barely more than a "straw-man," but it's something. Once I get some of this purging done and school starts, I can really hone in on assigning tasks to specific days and on what the day is going to look like. I bought some preschool materials for the 3 yo. I'll be sure to work that into the schedule.

The paperwork
I still haven't touched any unemployment paperwork. It's partly a function of the interruption-driven lifestyle of a home with small children. But it's mostly a function of ... gosh, it's just hard to acknowledge that my services are no longer needed by my former employer. At any rate, I'm not sure if some of my frustration and, let's be honest here, anger are justified, or if it's just part of the grieving process. Probably some of each. The hard part is accepting that there were some fantastic elements of the job. And some foul elements. And that most of the elements are people. Anyway, enough web whining.

I guess it's time to face the post midnight music and get some shut eye. Perhaps it's the dreaded wheel-o-thoughts that's keeping me away from bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment